Friday, November 22, 2013

FODMAPs friendly waffles

waffles with jam

So here in the Swedens, they do have a gluten free waffle mix. But considering waffle recipes are about the easiest things in the world to make without a mix, I figured I'd just wing it by converting a standard waffle recipe found online.

I was not unhappy with the results. I present to you, FODMAPs friendly waffles that are also gluten free.


Ingredients

3.5 dl (1.5 cups) of gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
4dl (1.7 cups) lactose free milk
100g butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla seeds, optional 

Mix the flour and baking powder together. Add the milk and stir with a wooden spoon. 

Melt the butter in the microwave and pour into the batter. 

Mix it all together well, making sure to get rid of as many flour clumps as you can. I have found gluten free flour mixes to be quite lumpy when making batter.

Heat up your waffle iron and get cooking. 
Here's a couple of shots of them almost ready:

cooked wafflealmost cooked


These waffles were just as good as regular ones made with normal flour and really quick to make. We enjoyed them with raspberry and strawberry jam and a tiny bit of ice cream. I used lactose free ice cream for me, but the other two just had regular vanilla.

waffles sans jam


1 comment:

Moy said...

Looks delicious! I do love waffles.