Friday, October 25, 2013

How my child made my heart melt into a melty puddle and other stories

Monday afternoon was grey and cloudy. The wee one (TWO) and I were on our way home from dagis. She was all snuggled up in her pram with the blanket that her Nanna bought her before she was born. She had Cressida the cow with her and her lion hat on. (see the picture below, Ottobre pattern 'Ernie')lion hat

We were walking past the shop where we bought her bike helmet. Right about the place where, every time we reach it, she comments on the fact that we bought her helmet, her blue helmet, there. I was playing some kind of game with her. I don't quite remember which one. Entirely possibly we were making funny faces at each other. She's got some great ones. 

I put my head inside the rain cover on the pram and up close with hers. I said "I love you, monkey." and she grabbed my face in both her hands and said "I love you, mama." That moment there. That was when I melted. 

I hope never to forget the first time my wee girl told me she loved me. Maybe I should put a heart at the spot, much like these hearts I saw while out and about. 

pillar heart stone   heart stone

2 comments:

Photographer Leni said...

I think marking the spot is a great idea. My wee on (MWO) says he loves me at the end of the Mazda commercial that uses the Icona Pop song 'I Love It'.

I don't care, I love it.
I don't care, I love it, I love it.
I don't care. I love it...

I love you, mummy!

Christie. said...

Aw, that's a gorgeous story. :) I can remember really clearly where I was the first time E laughed at me. Some memories just stick with you. :)